Like I mentioned in this post, I’m going to share a lot more of what we eat and do around these parts to feed our soul. I also want to share how we keep it all as simple as possible. Unless it’s a special event or a weekend cooking with the family, our everyday meals need to be manageable with a touch of a garlic, a dash of salt and 100% gluten-free.
We’re a busy family so there is not always a lot of time to spend in the kitchen. But we make sure to stock up on fresh veggies and herbs for quick meals throughout the week. One of our favorite dishes these days is this pesto chicken gluten-free pasta with asparagus and tomatoes.
This meal serves about 8-10 people because we cook for an army even though there’s only three of us. But we love our left-overs, what can I say.
- 2 lbs. organic chicken breast tenders cubed
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of virgin olive oil for chicken
- Chicken seasoning (We used Weber, gluten and salt free)
- 1 box of gluten-free Barilla penne
- 1 teaspoon of virgin olive oil for pasta
- 12 fresh asparagus stalks cut (about an inch)
- 12 fresh cherry tomatoes halved
- Two 6.5oz jars of pesto
What to do:
- Season chicken and cook in a deep pan with your 2 tablespoons of virgin olive oil. Once it’s cooked, let it sit.
- Boil water
- Add the box of gluten-free penne
- Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Stir pasta and let it boil for 7 minutes
- Drain pasta and add to chicken. Stir.
- Add asparagus and cherry tomatoes. Stir.
- Add the two jars 6.5oz jars of pesto.
- Stir thoroughly over a medium flame until vegetables cook through